Saturday, January 10, 2015

Taco Soup Recipe

So a co-worker told me about taco soup and since I love Mexican food, this was a no brainer for me! My only issue is that it called for processed packets of ranch dressing and taco seasoning. Since I'm trying to eat a plant-based diet, I had to substitute but, have no fear, I was still able to add delicious flavor to this dish! This is a great meal for a rainy or cold day. 

INGREDIENTS
1 cup vegetable broth
2 tbsp chopped poblano pepper 
2 fresh Dill sprigs, chopped
4 fresh Parsley sprigs, chopped
1 28oz can Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes (can find at Publix, Kroger and Whole Foods)
1 15oz can black beans (I get ones that are only beans and water)
1 15oz can pinto beans (I get ones that are only beans and water)
1 15oz can sweet corn
1 green onion, chopped
1/3 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
1/3 orange pepper, seeded and chopped (you can use red and/or green peppers if desired)
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
1/3 large yellow onion (or 1/2 medium)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin



MIX IT UP!
Add everything to a medium-sized crockpot and put on high for 4 hours. If you are eating this later in the day, you can do a lower setting for longer hours. Serve in your favorite bowl with favorite toppings. I made a small baked potato and poured my soup over it for a hearty meal. You could add sour cream or cheese if you eat dairy. The possibilities are endless! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment