Glass dish (to roast eggplant)
1 large eggplant
1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans (or chick peas), drained and rinsed
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp tahini
2 cloves garlic (feel free to adjust to your liking)
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cumin
MIX IT UP!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place eggplant in glass dish (I lined mine with a piece of parchment paper so it didn't stick).
3. Bake the eggplant for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while mixing other ingredients.
4. Place rinsed kidney beans into food processor. The kidney beans will give this a purplish color. Chick peas will yield a cream color.
5. Peel and chop garlic cloves. Add to food processor along with other ingredients.
6. Mix up base ingredients by pulsing for 2 minutes.
7. Peel the cooled eggplant and rough dice.
8. Add the eggplant pieces to your food processor. You will think it won't fit but it will. It's messy. I took 1/2 the eggplant and added to food processor, pulsing this for 2 minutes. Then I added the rest of the eggplant and pulsed that for another 2-4 minutes, until smooth.
9. Place hummus mixture into airtight container. Chill and enjoy!