Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Journey to a Half Marathon-Post #3

WOW! 151 days to my first half marathon! Today started off extremely positive. Woke up at 4:30am, got my swimsuit on and headed to the Rec center for a swim. Swimming is my passion, my therapy, and what keeps me grounded! I did 20 laps freestyle and backstroke in 25 minutes.

Then it was home to be a mom - pack lunches, walk the dog, and get everyone off to work and school. Took the stairs as usual at work. I had planned on going running 3-6 miles around my work area this afternoon, but life had other plans. My daughter called and had to take my dog to the emergency vet. SCREECH!!!! That put the breaks on my run tonight 😢  After we got the puppy situated, I had dinner and decided to take a walk before it started raining (again...ugghhhh!!!) I did get in 1.31 miles walking with Eddie. So onward to food for the day!

I did extremely better on my food choices today! Although I slipped a little at dinner. Before heading to the Rec I had a handful (literally) of trail mix. I took my water with me because swimming is still a workout. STAY HYDRATED! After swimming Eddie made us a new energy smoothie to try. Check out the Blueberry Energy post for recipe. Score one for me - I was able to skip my morning coffee this morning! 😊 I did get hungry around 8:30am so I had my oatmeal. I wasn't able to get out for lunch today (or even up from my desk), so around 10:45am I had a small Gala apple and 4 slices of oven roasted turkey breast. Around 2:30pm I had about a cup of trail mix (I could live off that stuff!). Now my plan was to have my small banana around 4pm and go run. That didn't happen. Instead I had some cheese pizza with my daughter. I know!! This is a crime! 🍕 Pizza is my weakness! 

So that was my day 152! Stick around for more of my adventures to my first half marathon!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment