Friday, May 9, 2014

Journey to Half Marathon- Post #5

Its 141 days to my first half! Sorry I have been "gone" for a while. It's been busy between work, family, running group,etc. After my 5k on Sunday morning with the running group, this happened last Sunday evening:


I had a little accident and wrecked my commuter bike! Messed up my foot and left wrist along with other scrapes and bruises.  That's ok...it hasn't stopped me! On Monday, I took it easy. No workouts = a "rest" day. On Tuesday night I was scheduled for a 6 mike run. I didn't think it would turn out well so I rode my bike with the team and ended up doing 6.23 miles. Felt good! On Wednesday I hit the gym. Did 3.11 miles in 38 mins on the crossramp (kind of like an elliptical but no arms). After that, I swam for 30 minutes. I found out that swimming hurt my wrist. Yay me! I've been sore all week but we were scheduled for another 6 miles last night (Thursday). Guess what??!! I completed it! My time was 1:38.  It was with a lot of pain and ice packs afterwards but I shaved a little over 5 mins off my first time doing that course...broken toes and all!!!

I also weighed myself last Sunday morning and (drum roll.....) 

I haven't been under 200lbs since 1996!!! So excited! So my journey continues! A special thanks to all the encouragement and love I'm being shown as I try to get ready for this first half. I now know I'VE GOT THIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment