Sunday, June 9, 2013

Healthy Recipe Sharing Day

I thought I would start off my blog talking about our day today. Eddie, the girls, and I went over to our friends, Mike & Courtney's house, to have a day of sharing healthy recipes. On a quest to rid ourselves of processed, unhealthy foods, this turned out to be much more fun (and filling) than any of us imagined! I'm going to share the recipes we made in separate posts, but the day started with making vegan chocolate chip cookies. I love cookies and these are AMAZING!!! Courtney made them for me a few weeks ago and since then, I've been dying to make them again. Today I got to learn how. After that, Eddie shared his recipe for energy bars. Since starting out on his cycling, and now running and swimming journey, he has been eating pre-packaged energy bars. A few months ago, he decided he could make better-tasting, more-nutritious bars for himself. I will share this recipe as well. Courtney made a batch for her family and used different ingredients. Both of these also turned out extremely well! Since we had already eaten our desert, we decided it was time to cook dinner. We had chicken kabobs, fresh chicken tenders, and corn-on-the-cob all grilled by our grill master Mike. Again, everything turned out so good. For desert, Eddie made his banana ice cream. I think everyone was a little skeptical due to the lack of ingredients needed, but they were quickly amazed by this healthy, refreshing treat! Needless to say, there was none left! Just when we thought we were going to settle down and rest our overworked digestive systems, Eddie discovered a recipe for almond butter fudge. GAME ON!!! After picking up one missing ingredient, the kitchen was again in disarray on a quest to try this fudge. Fudge = rich, creamy, and wonderful! Now in a food coma, we ended our healthy cooking adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment