Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Journey to a Half Marathon: 80 Days!!!

WOW! This has been a roller coaster ride of emotions! I started out wanting to do this half. Then I said I was going to wait until next year. We'll now it's definite....I'm registered for the WRC Nashville Half on Sept 27th! It's officially 80 days from today!!!

So tonight I got serious! I do something everyday with maybe 1 day of rest each week. My passion is swimming. I also bike and have been trying to get better at running because it is definitely my weakness. I looked up a Couch to Half training plan and decided to put it on paper! It is based on 14 weeks so I modified it to fit my timeline and the fact I've already started training. Here is a link to the plan I'm going to use. I'm going to stick with this in hopes of being able to finish this half marathon! http://womensrunning.competitor.com/2013/09/training-tips/couch-to-half-marathon-training-plan_15065

Here are the pics of my calendar. I also added (blue) in some swimming and biking because I now have a goal of completing a Sprint Triathlon in April of next year (I know...I'm crazy!!!) I will try to post daily on here and start including my nutritional changes. Tonight was my last night for pizza for a while 😳 but I will survive! Especially when I cross that finish line!

Until next time!

Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment